Pebble Tile Installation Instructions
With StrataStones Interlocking Pebble Tile there really is no need to hire a professional installer. The simple interlocking pattern of our Pebble Tiles creates seamless results that can be achieved by anyone. Whether it's your very first DIY project or you're a seasoned tile pro, all of our customers have always commented on how easy it really is to install - this Pebble Tile is truly "Do-it-Yourself"!
Watch the video below to see how much fun it was to install our Pebble Tile on HGTV's Color Correction!
(step by step instructions are also included below the video)
Pebble Tile Installation Steps:
- With the trowel, apply the thinset evenly on the desired area no thicker than 1/8".
- Lay the pebble tiles down, interlocking each tile on all sides.
- To fit a tile in a space too small for a whole tile, cut the mesh which hold the pebbles together. You can also remove individual pebbles to fill empty spaces.
- Once complete, allow at least 24 hours for the thinset to dry before grouting.
- Apply a coat of sealer to prevent the stone absorbing color from the grout.
- Apply the grout with the grout float so that the grout is packed in all the space between the pebbles.
- Allow the grout to set for up to 20 minutes. Then, with a wet sponge, clean the excess grout off the surface of the pebbles.
- Continue to clean the grout residue with a clean sponge until desired pebble exposure is reached.
- Allow 24 hours for the grout to dry completely then apply a coat of sealer over the grout and pebbles.
* Please always carefully read and adhere to manufacturers instructions for grout, quikset, sealers or any other products used when installing StrataStones Pebble Tile.